Walker Electric’s Industrial Division prides itself in our on-time, on budget project completion. Whether it’s a full compressor station install, a LACT Unit, Drilling Tower, or PIG launch/receiver station, our fast response time and high quality work will ensure you spend no time waiting for power to your equipment.
- Communications Tower Installations
- Pneumatic and Instrumentation tubing and device install
- Coordinated shutdown Services
- Plant and Preventative Maintenance Plans
- Thermal Imaging
- Fiber Optic Cable installation and Fusion Splicing
- Self-Powered mobile equipment trailers for rural installations
- Arc Flash Studies
- Earthwork, trenching, and hydrovac services
- Concrete transformer pads, pole bases, and red concrete available
- Vast knowledge of universal compressor installations
- ISNetworld Registered and an “A” rating with all of our clients
How much electrical work should I attempt on my own?
NONE!!! Electrical work is extremely dangerous and even the slightest mistake or wrong decision can result in injury or death. Our electricians have each been expertly educated and trained for 5 years during their apprenticeship course, prior to testing to become Licensed Journeyman. Homeowners are also not allowed to purchase the required permitting and order the associated inspections.
What Should I Do if My Breaker Panel Is Hot?
If you can safely turn the power off, do so and give us a call immediately. You might need an upgrade or some maintenance. Either way, this is a job for the professionals.
How do I know when an electrical outlet needs to be repaired or replaced?
Damaged or loose electrical outlets are not only a nuisance; they are a fire hazard. Electrical outlets need to be repaired or replaced if:
- A buzzing sound comes from the outlet, especially when plugging in appliances
- Outlets generate sparks or have loose-fitting plugs
- Outlet faces have burn marks
How much should I expect to pay for a service call?
Due to the many unknowns when trying to solve an electrical issue, we can never truly know how long something will take to diagnose and correct. Because of this, we offer our service calls at a 2 hr minimum charge. This covers the truck and one electrician for the first 2 hours, allowing us time to correctly diagnose the problem. Should the issue require longer than the initial 2 hours to fix, we can provide the remainder of the electrical service at an agreed upon hourly rate or provide an estimate to complete the project.
Is my wiring up to date?
Most homeowners and home inspectors cannot always identify the age of wiring. It takes a trained electrician to do this. If your home was built between 1920 and 1960, the wiring that was used then tends to dry rot and cause many problems. Your house should be inspected to determine if your wiring is up-to-date and safe to continue using.
Do estimates cost anything?
No. Walker Electric provides estimates free of charge.
Newcastle, OK 73065